Announcement!

I Have A Notion blog and store have moved to:


the store can be found at


There is a much easier to navigate store, with new items. The blog has its own page as well... new content too.

The blog is now at www.ihaveanotion.com/blog

Please come and visit!

Friday, March 27, 2009

Feeling Ragged?

When I saw this Raggedy Ann I smiled. I still have the Raggedy Ann doll I got as a child. I just love it. Connie is in one of my yahoo groups and these are her designs and work. I asked her if I could post her work and she agreed. Here is a little bit about Connie Sherlock:

"I am a pattern designer and web designer www.sherlockdesigns.com. I taught elementary school for a number of years. I have no formal training as a designer or seamstress, I think I just barely passed home ec in jr. high. When I first started doing crafts I had no skills, just a desire to create. I took classes and tried every craft. I think the more you try and get away from the "I can't do that" mind set you are able to create. I used to say primitive was my skill level and now I say it's my style. If I am not creating something new or working on a project I am "not a happy camper". I believe God gave me the ability and the desire to learn, but unfortunately no "real" skills. There are so many things that I wish I could do much better, but I keep trying to learn more all of the time.

My first patterns were for country dolls and critters. My favorite patterns are raggedy Anns and bunnies, but I have a broad spectrum from wearable sweatshirts to frogs. www.amongcountryfriends.com
I changed my focus to quilts several years ago. My folk art quilts www.sonshineseedco.com are inspirational quilts with each quilt having a different theme. I combine primitive stitchery with tradition quilt blocks and rag quilts. Most of my quilts and many of my primitive stitcheries have been digitized for machine quilting. I really like working with wool felt and making penny rugs.

My newest patterns are punch needle and rug punch hooking.
I am an exhibitor at several quilt shows each year. I demonstrate punch needle, rug punch hooking, applique with felt and rag quilting at every show. I have just started presenting programs for the quilt guilds.
I have a few more websites http://www.oldecountrypeddler.com is the one I am developing now and it includes several different crafters."
Now that is what I call putting your pleasure to work for you. I would love to learn more about felting but I think I'm up to my waders in unfinished projects so I'll have to save that for my "twilight" years :)
Have a great Friday night!!
Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading the IHAN Blog. I love getting and reading every comment that is left here; however I may not be able to respond to all comments left during giveaways. There are times when I am juggling many tasks at one time and may not reply to all comments. Please e-mail me at quiltnotions@gmail.com if you need a reply quickly. I thank you for your understanding and-
More Later-Beth

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...