Announcement!

I Have A Notion blog and store have moved to:


the store can be found at


There is a much easier to navigate store, with new items. The blog has its own page as well... new content too.

The blog is now at www.ihaveanotion.com/blog

Please come and visit!

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Easter is almost here and today is Passover

This is a smocked Easter egg that I learned to make when I belonged to the Smocking Guild in Michigan. I made several to give as gifts and saved only a couple for myself. Unpacking them each year is like a new surprise.

Last night I drove all the way out to the Toledo Botanical Garden for what I thought was a Toledo Needle Arts Guild meeting. I was there promptly at 6:30 with my stitching in my bag and I was excited. I've been wanting to go for over a year and just have never made it to a meeting. The conference rooms were filled with people that were obviously not stitchers. No bags of threads, hoops, needles....nothing....zip, zero, zilch. I phoned Rick (my husband) and he googled the Needle Arts Guild and it meets in a completely different place and the meetings are no longer on the second Wed. of them month....they are on the third Wed. Well, I guess I was relieved they did not change their meetings to the first Wed of the month. Guess I'll have to wait another week to meet the gals there.

My scheduled time out did not go to waste....oh no....I stopped at Sally Anns and got several new spring tops and two pair of carpi's. Not all is lost!!!


These are some magnets I made to give the boy's teachers in their Easter "baskets". I put some batting in the top to make them puffy. I especially like the Dr. Seuss magnets....sooo darn cute.

Hope it is warm and sunny in your part of the world today. Don't forget to leave a comment so I can enter your name in my drawing to win 4 bag tags. You have to leave a comment to win!!!

Kelly

1 comment:

  1. Hello Kelly! I got your email today about the Thread Carousel and got curious and checked out your blog. Just a half hour ago I had pulled out just over a dozen smocked Easter eggs that I have made, and arranged them in an heirloom crocheted Easter basket on the receptionist's desk at the law firm where I work. I have taught smocked Easter Eggs twice at the Needle Arts Guild of Toledo. It was a nice surprise to see a similar egg on your blog.

    I'm sorry that you didn't connect with us for the Needle Arts Guild of Toledo meeting. TBG tossed us out late last fall. They are looking for people who can bring in money for them, and our group doesn't fit with "their mission." Funny, I thought supporting the arts was part of their mission! Anyway, you found our website and know how to find us, so I hope we see you soon! Happy Easter!

    Annette Hill

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading the IHAN Blog. I love getting and reading every comment that is left here; however I may not be able to respond to all comments left during giveaways. There are times when I am juggling many tasks at one time and may not reply to all comments. Please e-mail me at quiltnotions@gmail.com if you need a reply quickly. I thank you for your understanding and-
More Later-Beth

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...