Announcement!

I Have A Notion blog and store have moved to:


the store can be found at


There is a much easier to navigate store, with new items. The blog has its own page as well... new content too.

The blog is now at www.ihaveanotion.com/blog

Please come and visit!

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Golden Thyme Blog by Lacey Hill

Three of these beautiful gold butterflies were given to bloggers by Designer Lacey Hill on her Golden Thyme Blog.
Golden Butterfly Award



An award given for generosity of time, sharing of knowledge, inspiration, encouragement and charitable contribution to Quilting & Fiber Art.

Kim's Quilting Adventure  
I Have A Notion 
SewCalGal

I must say I was completely shocked and thrilled that this award was for me.  I don't know who Kim is.....but you know I'll be reading her blog now (already subscribed to the feeds) and to be mentioned in the same sentence as Darlene from SewCalGal was really something for me.  I admire Darlene, so this is a real thrill for me.

I know....this is starting to sound like the academy awards or something....or you might be thinking....who cares, right?  But when someone takes the time to recognize what you have given your time and energy to in an authentic way....is a true gift and I'm appreciative of the gift.

On another but similar note.....if you want to feel like you are part of the "Members of the Academy" you need to head on over to Darlene's blog because she is doing The Golden Quilter Awards
The really cool thing about being part of "this" Awards Program.....you don't need to buy a dress that costs as much as feeding a family of 10 for a month.....no need to wear those cumbersome 10 carat diamonds on your ears.....it does not matter that your husband does not look like Brad Pitt....you won't go blind from all those flash bulbs going off in your face.....no need to wear a girdle to suck in your size four puffiness......there won't be anyone hiding in your bushes and scaring you half to death when the jump out and snap your photo.....no one will publish a photo of your worst stitching work and  act like "how could you"......you don't even need to get out of your ugliest house clothes.....you can just be who ever you are and feel pretty darn good about yourself because our blogging community values your spirit not your perky mammary glands :)

Spanky Smiles,
Kelly
They were given to:

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations. I too am very touched by this award. Quite special.

    Tomorrow starts voting for the winners of the Golden Quilter Awards. But I do believe it is an honor to be nominated to these awards as nominations were submitted by quilters throughout the world, to recognize those that have made significant contributions in our world of quilting. IHAN certainly has earned this recognition!

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    PS - Sneeze, blow, cough...I definitely have a cold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Kelly!! From a sagging mammary glanded blogger friend :)
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading the IHAN Blog. I love getting and reading every comment that is left here; however I may not be able to respond to all comments left during giveaways. There are times when I am juggling many tasks at one time and may not reply to all comments. Please e-mail me at quiltnotions@gmail.com if you need a reply quickly. I thank you for your understanding and-
More Later-Beth

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...