Announcement!

I Have A Notion blog and store have moved to:


the store can be found at


There is a much easier to navigate store, with new items. The blog has its own page as well... new content too.

The blog is now at www.ihaveanotion.com/blog

Please come and visit!

Monday, February 8, 2010

I Have A Notion Employee Update

Hmmmm....how much sewing did I get done this weekend?  NONE.  Here is my "excuse"...I mean JOY.

Snow hill here we come....oh yea baby!!!


No, this is not a photo of a long lost daughter.  I have not been keep secrets about the mail man and myself.  This little angel was just sledding on the hill with us and her Grandmother said I could take her photo.  I was captivated by her curls. 





I started thinking about the portrait quilts people have done. Can you imagine doing one of this angel? One question: How would anyone capture those curls? It is beyond me. Anyway....she is beautiful and we all shared sleds and our snacks so she was part of our Posse for the day.



Do I just take my two sledding?  NOPE.....we take as many as will fit in our van.  Four little fellas spent 3 hours sledding and then we went on "An Adventure."

On another subject:

A few weeks ago, I decided to bring out our cloth napkins.  We used them daily before the boys were born.  Now time has passed and the co-workers are 5 (soon to be 6 in May) and 7, so I pull out the cloth napkins.  Aaron comes to the dinner table and asks, "Momma, what are these?"  I explain that they are dinner napkins and Mommy and Daddy used them everyday before they were born and now they are old enough, Mommy has decided to use them again.  Aaron and Zach were fine with this idea.  It was difficult for them to consider wiping their faces on cloth....but....they actually did it.  The next night, Aaron comes into the kitchen.....looks at the dinner table.....and says, "Oh Rags again Mom (in a tone of voice that one might expect if they were being given hot dogs for the 12th night in a row)?"  Can you imagine?  I laughed and laughed and could not wait to tell Rick.  So the next time you are using a cloth napkin....remember you are using a "Rag" and not a fine dinner napkin.  ROFL

Meet Pickles, my nephew.  I won't tell you his "real" name because he is a teenager....and you know how they can be.  He was visiting and his JoJo (IHAN CEO) made him do his homework.  He was not too thrilled about the book so I told him I had this special reading hat that I found helpful when reading.  He never questioned me....Pickles just sat there.  I approached him from the side and put a pair of the boys boxers on his head.  I only wish the other leg would have continued to stay up.  So when you need help reading....you don't necessarily need a brighter light or even your glasses.....you may only need a pair of Pirate Boxers!!!


So....this is why I did not get one bit of stitching done.  Someone has to soak up all these wonderful memories....it might as well be me :)

Smiles,
Kelly 

5 comments:

  1. LOVE the hat you gave to Pickles (and am really wanting to know his "real" name, of course). :) Looks like the sledding was a fun time and I will never use a cloth napkin again without thinking of your son's comment!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who cares?? Someday you'll be old and grey and you'll have all the time in the world to stitch!! Enjoy the moments! Love the little red head!! Boxers look perfect, hid the horns, I assume? And rags!!! How funny!! Boys!!

    You have very cute employees...enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah yes.....ya NEED help getting through To Kill a Mockingbird!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And they are sweet memories! Enjoy the moment. It will pass all too quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you've got a handsome crew there!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading the IHAN Blog. I love getting and reading every comment that is left here; however I may not be able to respond to all comments left during giveaways. There are times when I am juggling many tasks at one time and may not reply to all comments. Please e-mail me at quiltnotions@gmail.com if you need a reply quickly. I thank you for your understanding and-
More Later-Beth

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...