Announcement!

I Have A Notion blog and store have moved to:


the store can be found at


There is a much easier to navigate store, with new items. The blog has its own page as well... new content too.

The blog is now at www.ihaveanotion.com/blog

Please come and visit!

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Bosal - Their new Premium Batting at Spring Quilt Market 2010

At the Northern terminus of the Appalachian Trail stands the Mount Katahdin, the highest peak in the Sate of Maine. In the native Penobscot Indian language "katahdin" means "The Greatest Mountain".

Like Mount Katahdin, we believe you will find our Katahdin Premium Batting to be the greatest, highest quality quilt batting available today.

(copied from the Bosal website)
I just had to include that because I had no idea what Katahdin referred to.  I knew I liked the name but had never heard of this Mountain in Maine.  I love the name don't you?  Wish I had thought of it.



I discovered a new Premium Quilt Batting by the Bosal Company.  Katahdin Premium Quilt Batting is VERY NICE.   Do you know how I know?  I was given some samples while at Quilt Market and believe it or not, I kept them :)  Yes, something for myself .  I used it on my Heart wall hanging and I'm telling you it was wonderful.  I am saving my other pieces to use with my other UFO's. 
I had the opportunity to meet both Drew Serbin (Director of Operations) and Rolando Berdion (Director of Sales) while at Quilt Market.  They were great guys to chat with and very kind to show me the three new battings and give me some samples too.  Little prizes are always nice :)

I'm posting these photos so folks know what their booth looked like at Market.  

There are three Katahdin  lines, Summer, Winter, and Autumn and all Made in the USA.  They are 100% with no scrims or resins used.   There is no preshrinking required.

The Katahdin Summer Batting is a Lightweight 100% Cotton batting that is great for hand-quilting. 
The Katahdin Autumn Batting is a Midweight 100% Cotton batting. It is great for hand or machine quilting.  

The Katahdin Winter Batting is a Midweight 100% Polyester batting.  It is a soft and luxurious microfiber. Excellent for hand quilting, machine quilting and crafts. No resins, glues or binders.

You can also read all about the Katahdin Premium Batting on the Bosal Website by clicking here.

I have to say I'm a little concerned about Drew and Rolando's thinking.  I was there at the end and helped Patsy Thompson load a few things and Drew and Rolando were still taking down their displays.  I offered to help them and they said no.  Who in their right mind would turn down free help?  Maybe they saw me on the Aurifil forklift and they knew they might be in trouble!!

Smiles,
Kelly
PS.  A little birdie told me about a new and exciting Bosal product that will be shown at the Fall Quilt Market in Houston.....oh this is going to be a good one....stay tuned.  I'll only tell if you buy me the land in PA that I want and put only my name on the deed.....then I'll squeal :)

4 comments:

  1. oooh, new stuff... I'll have to look out for some. I've got my hamster running on a wheel to think about my next project. May take a sewing break for a week or so...

    maybe...

    Hope you're settling back in routine just in time to send the kids off to school... HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm jealous here. I would love to try some of the Katahdin batting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't keep up with all the new stuff. The new batting sounds great. Hey, I will buy the land if you buy that house for me that I saw the other day, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like some great batting.
    fyi..I was at a quilt shop here in MN during our shop hop and the owner was singing the praises of Bosal fusible interfacing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading the IHAN Blog. I love getting and reading every comment that is left here; however I may not be able to respond to all comments left during giveaways. There are times when I am juggling many tasks at one time and may not reply to all comments. Please e-mail me at quiltnotions@gmail.com if you need a reply quickly. I thank you for your understanding and-
More Later-Beth

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...