Announcement!

I Have A Notion blog and store have moved to:


the store can be found at


There is a much easier to navigate store, with new items. The blog has its own page as well... new content too.

The blog is now at www.ihaveanotion.com/blog

Please come and visit!

Friday, November 5, 2010

Houtson Quilt Market 2010- Quilts, Art Dolls and Art Bras....Really :)

I was not about to give up on this post.  Ok....so the video says it has problems....I can live with that.  So I uploaded every photo individually.  That will teach them to give me an error message!!!!  LOL :)  You know what they say about Lemons.....So enjoy the Lemonade.....

These are photos I took while in Houston of the Quilt Show. Many exhibits were marked with "NO PHOTOS" so these are of the art I was permitted to photograph. They are in the same order the photos were taken. The credits are posted by photograph. If your quilt was there and I did not take a photo, I apologize. I had exactly one hour and I moved as fast as I could but I also wanted to drink in the moments and the absolutely amazing works of art that so many have taken their precious time to produce and so generously have shared with all of us. Proof there is sooooo much joy in this world....more reasons to smile!!

Enjoy the Quilts, Art Dolls and Art Bras!!!  Since it was Texas I'm surprised I did not find any Quilted Tour Buses :)


 
 
 
 

 

 
You know I absolutely loved this one!!!

 
 


Posted by Picasa



Posted by Picasa



Posted by Picasa



Posted by Picasa



Posted by Picasa



 

Sarah Vedeler's GO! BeDazzled quilt won in the Computer-Aided Machine Embroidery category of the 2010 “A World of Beauty."  Congratulations Sarah!!  Your quilt is beautiful :) 




 


(You know how I instantly knew this was "Art" and not clothing? The size....this is so small I think it would have fit the pen I had in my purse.)
Posted by Picasa


 
 


Posted by Picasa



 


Smiles,
Kelly

14 comments:

  1. I didn't know they had dolls too! I used to want to make dolls like this - my hands won't allow the fiddly sewing, though. Truly amazing - I must get to Festival one of these years! Thanks for the great pics, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eye Candy overload...simply amazing and wonderful. Thanks so much for sharing...those dolls were fantastic... Next time, may I have more sugar with my lemonade?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing!! Thanks for sharing, Kelly :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for taking the time to post each photo! They are spectacular!
    The dolls are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous pictures!! Love the dolls, quilts, wearables, heck loved it all!! Thanks for taking the time to post them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wow! some of those are just awesome!!! Thanks for sharing. My favorite is the greenish wearable piece. Wish I were tiny enough to carry off something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the post, those dolls are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, Good for YOU! *S* And I love the dolls!

    Dolls are very "fussy" to make, and to get decent faces is really hard to do. Ask me how I know. Like you, I loved that little group.

    I'm going back to look again when I have more time and can zoom in larger on all the tags.

    Have you ever seen Ferret's Steampunk outfit? Let me know if you have not, and I'll find a link for you. It's absolutely amazing wearable art.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG - you got that ALL in just over an hour??? Holey Cow! Those pieces are simply fanTASTic. Those ladies must just don't work or have a life other than their sewing...or if they do, my gosh, they are terrific at time management.

    The purple-dress dancing doll with red hair sure does remind me of someone...wonder who that was modeled after? Sure looks like my very favorite blogger!

    Seriously, chickee, we gotta talk. I am gonna find a way to Houston next year! I've always wanted to be a wingman, heehee. Thanks for perservering & overcoming the techie challenges to share these lovelies with us - it's GREATly appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I guess if it has fabric, it is in the show, lol.
    There are so many things at this show, it is wonderful to have people like you who take photos so we can enjoy it too.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for all the photos for us who stay at home Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for taking all the fabulous photos, what a treat! I look at these photos and want to learn to make dolls but in all honesty mine wouldn't even hold a candle to these works of art! Thanks for having such a fun and inspirational blog.
    Kelley O

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much for sharing these pictures! They are wonderful. It has been several years since I have been to Quilt Show in Houston. Guess it is time to think about going next year.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow what gorgeous quilts, wearable art and dolls. Thanks kelly I really enjoyed seeing them. Blessings Sandra

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading the IHAN Blog. I love getting and reading every comment that is left here; however I may not be able to respond to all comments left during giveaways. There are times when I am juggling many tasks at one time and may not reply to all comments. Please e-mail me at quiltnotions@gmail.com if you need a reply quickly. I thank you for your understanding and-
More Later-Beth

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...