Announcement!

I Have A Notion blog and store have moved to:


the store can be found at


There is a much easier to navigate store, with new items. The blog has its own page as well... new content too.

The blog is now at www.ihaveanotion.com/blog

Please come and visit!

Monday, July 16, 2012

Back With A Mac

I feel like I've been gone forever.  My laptop died again ....more virus' and problems so I went Mac!  I've been told by my kids, "once you go Mac, you never go back."   We'll see how this goes :)


I'm so far behind I don't even know where to start.  I guess I should start with an update on the Flamingos.  They have been busy the past week.



  A friendly game of corn hole while friends relax and cheer them on :)  Today it is so hot they are trying to keep cool.

 The Flamingo to the far left of the photo is wearing sun glasses....and the water was actually turned on last night.  What fun these Flamingos are having :)

Now on to fun Quilt related fun.  Yesterday a group of us met at a Parks building for an afternoon of sewing.  My friend, Jean Overmeyer, was there and she was working on SewCalGal's Free Motion Quilt Challenge.

I dream of quilting as well as Jean does :)   She makes it look so easy and I guess it would be much easier if I spent more time practicing!  

I shared a tip with the gals yesterday and they thought it was a good one so I'll share it with all of you too.  When you are ripping out a seam (as I did yesterday-6 to be exact) what I do is put the fabric under the presser foot.
The presser foot acts like a third hand and it keeps my fabric stable while I take my killer seam rip (Famore Cutlery)and just move it down the seam and the threads just melt away :) 

I've got to get back to writing all the posts I've missed since being without a bot.  You can't begin to imagine how frustrated I've been.  One might think I was born in the age of computers...ROFL....nope...well before!

Smiles,
Kelly

7 comments:

  1. You will love your Mac and wonder why it took so long to switch over! I call Microsoft, Dell and HP the unholy triumvirate, lol. No more having virus problems, constant upgrades, and all that stuff. Macs upgrade, they just do it super quickly and not real often. Yea for Kelly!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always used macs and when I have to use the pc, it makes me nuts, lol.
    Glad you have a new computer and can enjoy posting and sharing again.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the "dark side" - I have to say, I never thought I would go "Mac" but now I never want to go back. If you have any "can't live without" Windows Programs (EQ comes to mind) then get Parallels Desktop and you can run Windows on your Mac, it works like a charm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Someday I'll have a Mac - good for you, girl! Love seeing what the flamingos are up to, I'm surprised they haven't melted yet. GREAT tip on the ripping, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think those flamingos deserve there very own blog. They are fantastic. Good luck on you new computer! Hope it works!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Having seen one of Jean O's quilts I can say that her quilting is amazing! Thanks for the tip! I know it will get lots of use. :-/

    ReplyDelete
  7. sorry about y9ur computer problems! I'm right there with you! But with ours it was a BRAND NEW computer and the power suply just stopped working! Got a new one and fro some reason it is not comunicating with the monitor now! ggrrrrr! LOL I hope you like your Mac! I have never tired one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading the IHAN Blog. I love getting and reading every comment that is left here; however I may not be able to respond to all comments left during giveaways. There are times when I am juggling many tasks at one time and may not reply to all comments. Please e-mail me at quiltnotions@gmail.com if you need a reply quickly. I thank you for your understanding and-
More Later-Beth

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...